What a week! In addition to #SXSW, the Apple keynote speech (iPad, anyone?) and the sudden realization that winter isn't really happening this year, Decor Mentor gathered together a team of designers to discuss (read: give us the inside skinny!) on what we can expect at April Market.
Decor Mentors in the mix:
- Beth Dotolo and Carolina Gentry: Pulp Design Studios @PULPdesigns
- Lisa L Kahn: Kahn Design Group @LisaLKahn
- Michelle Jennings Wiebe: Studio M @StudioM_
- Jennifer Brouwer: Jennifer Brouwer Design @JennBrouwer
- Elaine Williamson: Elaine Williamson Designs @elainewdesigns
- Kati Curtis: Nirmada @designerkati
- Lisa Ferguson: Lisa Ferguson Interior Design @DecorMentor
Why it matters: these aren't design "enthusiasts" cheering on the latest and greatest things to come down the furniture runway. These are established interior designers who relentlessly attend Market with the goal of opening new accounts, placing new orders, staying on top of their game and sourcing exactly what their clients need. But there's a greater goal and benefit at work here: it's an unbelievable way to further your relationships with peers, hone your craft and build new and important relationships and partnerships. Market is an absolute must for you and your business.
If you are a fellow design professional, consider looking at ELEVATE (an interactive wall for interior design pros to exchange ideas, encouragement and expertise) and joining Lisa and her posse for a Market Kickoff Party Saturday April 21st 4 PM – 5 PM at 220 Elm, 3rd Floor Balcony